If someone fills out your Contact Form, but you do not get the e-mail, it may be due to this problem:
By default, SiteBuilder contact form data is sent to email@example.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name)
If you haven't set up this firstname.lastname@example.org address in your cPanel, then the form data isn't going to get to you.
There are two ways to fix this:
- Log into your cPanel and create an E-mail Forwarder for email@example.com, and have it forwarded to your real e-mail address. If you don't know how to log into your cPanel, contact us to have the instructions resent to you.
- In SiteBuilder, edit the form to use a different e-mail address, other than the default of firstname.lastname@example.org. To change the e-mail address that form data is sent to:
- Log into SiteBuilder.
- Go to the Edit Text tab.
- Click into any of your form fields.
- Click the Form button (see Figure 1 below)
- Enter in the new e-mail address (see Figure 2 below).
- Click "Modify Form Field" to save the change.
If you are still having difficulty with your SiteBuilder forms, please contact QTH.com Support