If you've configured your cPanel hosting account to use the Spam Box feature of SpamAssassin, mail identified as spam will be placed in a spam folder; however, you will not immediately see the spam folder in webmail if you have not created or subscribed to it. Here's how to view the mail in your Spam Box:
Note: The SpamAssassin feature Spam Box recognizes the folder name 'spam' in all lowercase, and not 'Spam'. If the folder name is 'Spam', the intended mail will not be delivered to the correct folder.
- In Horde, at the top, click on the gear icon and then hover over Preferences and click on Mail.
- Under Message, click on Spam Reporting.
- Choose your designated Spam folder from the drop down list.
- Configure action queries appropriately
- Click Save.
If a spam folder does not exist, you will need to create it.
- Visit the cPanel webmail interface and choose RoundCube.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on the Folders tab.
- Click the + button in the bottom-left corner of the Folders panel to create a new folder.
- Under Folder properties, in the Folder name field, type 'spam'.
- Click Save.
You should now see the spam folder in the Folders panel on the left-hand side of the screen. Be sure that the check box next to the folder name, under the Subscribed column, is selected.