- CREATE A GMAIL ACCOUNT (if needed):
Create a GMail account, if you don't already have one. Go to https://www.gmail.com and follow their directions to create an account. Use any username/email address you wish, as nobody else will see it.
If you already have a GMail username and password, you can move on to the next step.
- FORWARD YOUR EMAIL IN CPANEL TO GMAIL:
- Log into your cPanel web hosting control panel.
- Click the Forwarders icon, in the Mail section of cPanel.
- Click Add Forwarder.
- Enter in your email address that you want to go to GMail, and then enter in your GMail address. See example below:
- CREATE SPECIAL SENDING-ONLY EMAIL ACCOUNT IN CPANEL:
In order to use the QTH.com mail servers to send mail, instead of using GMail, we need to create a special email account in cPanel that we will only use for sending mail out from GMail.
- Log into your cPanel web hosting control panel, if you are not already logged in.
- Click the Email Accounts icon, in the Mail section of cPanel.
- Create a special email account to use for sending mail. We suggest that if your regular email address is , for example, firstname.lastname@example.org, that you create the sending email account as you-smtp@yourdomain (i.e. just add -smtp after your name). See example below:
- CONFIGURE YOUR EMAIL IN GMAIL:
- Log into your GMail account at https://www.gmail.com.
- Click the Gear icon (toward the top-right corner) then click Settings
- Click Accounts menu option toward the top of the page
- In the Send mail as: section, click the Add another email address you own link.
- Enter in your Name and your Email Address (the one with your domain name, not your GMail address), check the box for Treat as an alias and click Next Step.
- On the next screen, choose the option to Send through yourdomain.com SMTP servers.
- For the SMTP server, enter in mail.yourdomain.com (of course, use your own domain name).
- For the Username and Password, enter in the special sending-only email address and password you created in cPanel in Step 3, i.e. email@example.com.
- Change the Port to 465 and choose the Secured connection using SSLoption.
- Click the Add Account button.
- CONFIRM AND VERIFY YOUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
GMail will test the settings and, if successful, will send you an email message with a "confirmation code". You will need to minimize this window or move it out of the way, then go back to your Gmail Inbox and wait for the email message from GMail to arrive. Once it arrives, you will then paste the code (usually an 8-digit number) into the message box and click "Verify". Alternatively, in the email they send you, there is a link that you can just click to verify.
- MAKE YOUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS THE DEFAULT IN GMAIL:
Click the Gear icon (toward the top-right corner), then click Settings, then click Accounts, then click "Make Default" next to the new email account you created (your domain, not the GMail address). You may want to leave the option checked to "Always reply from default address" so that no matter what address an incoming email was sent to, you always reply as from your email address with your domain name and not with your GMail email address.
- OPTIONAL: CHANGE FOLDER (LABEL) DISPLAY OPTIONS:
This step is optional, but suggested. This will change some of the folders (GMail calls them labels) that appear on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Gear icon (toward the top-right corner), then click Settings, then click Labels.
- To show the Trash folder (it is hidden, by default), in case you need to look at any emails you have deleted, click "show" next to Trash.
- To show the Spam folder (when there are messages in it), click "show if unread" next to Spam. Sometimes GMail will mark a message as spam by accident, so it is important to review the messages in your spam folder, at least daily.
- 7 Users Found This Useful
If you have all the settings correct to use QTH.com's SMTP (outgoing) mail server, then perhaps...
QTH.com limits the number of times you can check mail per hour, to avoid unnecessary load on the...
Our web hosting customers can access their e-mail via standard POP3 or IMAP e-mail clients....
Here is a page showing how to set up Windows Vista Mail, complete with screen shots...
The QTH.com Webmail System uses port 2096. So, if you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail, it...